Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Books

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

Has anyone read Beach Road by James Patterson?

I havent. I pretty much stick to the Mid Evil Era

I never read books when I was younger. I think in middle school and up until about 3 years ago I only read like 3 books, and those were becuase of book reports.

But I've read quite a few books since last year. All of them Fantasy.

Yeah, I was looking it over last night and noticed all the Appendices. I like the books that provide maps and references. Makes it seem like a "history."

I read a lot of Sci-Fi as well, and those books usually contain lots of references too.

Can you run off a list of some of the fantasy books you've read of late?

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Yeah, I was looking it over last night and noticed all the Appendices. I like the books that provide maps and references. Makes it seem like a "history."

I read a lot of Sci-Fi as well, and those books usually contain lots of references too.

Can you run off a list of some of the fantasy books you've read of late?

Before I read the Ice and Fire books. I was reading a series about a priest named Cadderly when my brother made me stop in the middle of it to read "A game of thrones"

written by R.A. Salvatore it was a series named The Cleric Quintet

The Chaos Curse

The Fallen Fortress

Night Mask This is the one were I stopped in the middle of for game of thrones

I have to finish In Sylvan Shadows and Canticle to finish the series.

Another 3 or 4 series of a character called Drizzt, He's a Drow (or a Dark Elf) Also written by R.A. Salvatore. He writes really good fight scenes, I think he also wrote Star Wars Episode 2 for George Lucas (which i read of course)

The Crystal Shard

Streams of Silver

Halflings Gem

Homeland

Exile

Sojourn

Legacy

Starless Night

Seige of Darkness

Before that I re-read

Star Wars

Empire Strikes

Return of the Jedi

Episode 1 2 and 3 (3 i read before the movie came out)

Somewhere in between these I read the Last Harry potter book.

And I think that covers it.

quote:

Its really crazy how the more we post on here the more we find out how much in common some of us have.

Because so much of my job is writing, I do an equivalent amount of reading. Most of my reading is fiction, and specifically Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

For instance, I own the first three books of the George R.R. Martin series that LGM mentioned. And although I haven't read the Cell by King, I own about 20 of his hard covers. Oh, and I too have read the Potter books, but only the first 4.

yes,funny thing we have so much in common. I

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

which ones have you read lately and which ones do you suggest?

LGM, the one that I just finished is called "The Phoenix Guards" by Steven Brust. Very good. It is the first book in a series, but it is a good standalone book as well. It was one of those where, when he first wrote it, he wasn't sure if he would be going back to it or not.

I'll point out some others later today, have to get home and look at my shelves to see what I've read lately!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

which ones have you read lately and which ones do you suggest?

LGM, the one that I just finished is called "The Phoenix Guards" by Steven Brust. Very good. It is the first book in a series, but it is a good standalone book as well. It was one of those where, when he first wrote it, he wasn't sure if he would be going back to it or not.

I'll point out some others later today, have to get home and look at my shelves to see what I've read lately!

I'll have to give it a try. I'm almost done with the 3rd book and I'll have to go buy the 4th in the next couple of days. After that I think I'm free :]